29 August 2008

And the after...


The view from the doorway...


The miniature desks that I keep running into, causing me to have unusual bruises all over my legs.

Esp. for Linds. It's my read aloud area!!!


In all, the first week was sooo awesomely intense. After I left school the first day, it took all of my energy to stop myself from sobbing hysterically. I don't know why. It was just that stressful. On the plus side, I have aquired about 20 student-made portraits of me and been told that I'm "the best second grade teacher" (direct quote) and had a successful sharing circle. Whew!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Mel! It is perfect! I LOVE the chair in the reading circle area. I'm so happy and excited for you. First week down, this is a momentous occasion! Can't wait to hear more about it...

MommaMcCarthy said...

you are soooo awesome mel! the room looks so great! i can't wait to hear all about it tomorrow :)

taylor and laney said...

I love that it says "Welcom to 2nd Grade." It makes it sound more exotic (as in remote, not sexual) and more like a destination. Are you sure those chairs aren't child torture devices though? They pretty much act like a leash.

Hecho en Pacific Northwest said...

I like the rustic story book chair. Can't wait for storytime.